Introducing Pastiche® by Xyleme: an end-to-end solution that delivers content to the iPad and redefines blended learning
Boulder, CO; May 26, 2011 – Xyleme® Inc., the leading provider of 100% XML, open and standards-based learning content management solutions, today announced the immediate availability of Pastiche®, the industry’s first application that allows organizations to offer a complete blended learning environment on a single tablet, quickly and cost-effectively.
The iPad has created a transitional moment for learning and development with users demanding full control over how they view, navigate and interact with training content. With Pastiche training, organizations meet this demand by leveraging their existing textbook, eLearning, assessment, and performance support materials to rapidly create and deploy engaging and interactive iPad apps.
Pastiche is completely flexible in that content created with the application can be presented to learners in any or all of the following ways:
- READ ME: A powerful eBook reader that allows learners to highlight, bookmark and annotate content for later reference.
- SHOW ME: A player for audio, video and interactive media where learners watch, interact and explore training content.
- QUIZ ME: An assessment engine where learners can test their knowledge. It provides support with feedback, hints and advice. Pastiche can be configured to report the results back to your LMS.
- HELP ME: Performance support to pinpoint and deliver relevant pieces of information to your learners when they need it and wherever they are.
Pastiche is powered by Xyleme LCMS, the platform that sets the standard for content reusability. It gives organizations the power to transform existing course materials into interactive iPad content with minimal resources for rapid ROI:
- Low cost: eliminate the need for expensive one-off software development projects.
- Speed-to-market: create an app in 60-90 days instead of 6-12 months.
- Future-proofed content: built on XML and HTML5, position yourself for tomorrow’s technologies and devices.
“The extraordinary market reaction to Pastiche shows that training organizations are serious about repurposing their vast libraries of learning content as they make the move to mobile learning,” commented Mark Hellinger, President and CEO of Xyleme. “With the ability to present, navigate and search for content in so many different contexts, learners can fully control how they want to explore the content. It’s no longer about building courses and job aids, it’s moving to a new model with content available in many contexts to meet individual needs. Acting quickly on this new paradigm is the key to gaining competitive advantage.”
Get Pastiche Special Offer
For a limited time, new Xyleme customers can take advantage of Xyleme’s “Get Pastiche” package which offers a full end-to-end solution for creating, customizing and deploying iPad applications. Visit www.xyleme.com/product/pastiche for details.
Xyleme, Inc. is the leader in standards-based learning content management solutions that enable single-source publishing of training content. Xyleme is 100% XML-based to create massive efficiencies through modularity and reuse. With Xyleme, organizations improve collaboration in content development, reduce time-to-market for customized training and minimize the cost of supporting blended learning. Visit www.xyleme.com