Boulder, CO; January 29, 2013 – Bravais 2.1 from Xyleme, launched this week at the Learning Technologies tradeshow in London, includes the new Bravais Cloud Player. This breakthrough module allows for a single instance of each SCORM course to be stored and delivered from the cloud to multiple LMS’s (Learning Management Systems). This module solves a widespread problem that typically arises from separate and manual uploads of SCORM courses to one or more LMS.
With the Bravais Cloud Player, SCORM courses are now stored in the cloud in a central repository where user and/or group access permissions can be set per individual course. Learners can access any course from any learning management system, and scores will be reported back to the LMS. Furthermore, in another industry first, Bravais persists user-tracking data for all courses it delivers.
The Bravais Cloud Player puts you back in control of your training content with:
- Integrity: With only one instance of SCORM course, content maintenance is simplified and the need to distribute separate copies to each LMS is eliminated.
- Governance: Because there is only one point of entry, you can authenticate and control who has access to what content.
- Measurement: Obtain valuable information about how the content of your courses is performing and how it is being used.
"This latest Bravais update allows organizations to provide courses from a single content distribution network to multiple delivery systems, including Learning Management Systems, Performance Support Applications and Mobile Apps," explained Xyleme President & CEO, Mark Hellinger. "If you provide content to customers or partners, students or teachers, Bravais 2.0 provides unparalleled flexibility in course distribution, access control and user tracking."
With speed and security always in mind, additional features in this release of Bravais include:
- Single Sign-on with SAML: Integrate Bravais with your existing authentication systems via SAML SSO so that already authenticated users don't need to re-enter their credentials.
- Enhanced encryption: All content stored in Bravais is encrypted at rest and in transit.
- Secure CDN distribution: Content is delivered through a secured Content Delivery Network so that learning assets are served from the closest server to reduce download times.
For more information, visit the Bravais page on our website!
Xyleme, Inc. is the leader in standards-based learning solutions that enable single-source publishing and personalized delivery of training content. Xyleme’s suite of products is powered by Xyleme LCMS, the industry’s most efficient content development platform for the rapid reuse of content across all types of print, eLearning, tablet and mobile outputs. BravaisTM is Xyleme’s cloud-based solution to deliver personalized learning to any device. Pastiche® is Xyleme’s end-to-end solution for rapidly deploying interactive tablet applications.